EaSI : Employment and Social Innovation
The European Commission provides funding for projects relating to employment, social affairs and social inclusion through the EU Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) under three grants funding programmes :
- Microfinance and social entrepreneurship
This European-level financing instrument is managed directly by the European Commission to support employment, social policy and labour mobility across the EU. To apply for funding, eligible organisations must respond to a call for tenders or/and to a call for proposals.
Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme 2014-2020
DG Justice and Consumers issues calls for proposals under two grants funding programmes:
Each programme funds activities under a number of key priorities.
Key Action 1 (KA1) — Learning mobility of individuals:
- Mobility of individuals in the field of education, training and youth,
- Large scale European voluntary service events.
- Erasmus Mundus joint master degrees,
Key Action 2 (KA2) — Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices:
- Strategic partnerships in the field of education, training and youth,
- Knowledge alliances,
- Sector skills alliances,
- Capacity building in the field of higher education,
- Capacity building in the field of youth.
Key Action 3 (KA3) — Support for policy reform:
- Structured dialogue: meetings between young people and decision-makers in the field of youth
Jean Monnet activities:
- Jean Monnet chairs,
- Jean Monnet modules,
- Jean Monnet centres of excellence,
- Jean Monnet support to associations,
- Jean Monnet networks,
- Jean Monnet projects.
- Small collaborative partnerships,
- Collaborative partnerships,
- Not-for-profit European sport events.
The Erasmus + actions are managed both at the European level and at the national level :
- Click here to see the full list of calls at EU level for more information about centralised actions
- Click here to see the full list of National Erasmus + Agencies for more information about decentralised actions
Europe for Citizens
- Strand 1 : European remembrance
- Strand 2 : Democratic engagement and civic participation
- Operating grants
Under this programme, the category called “Societal Challenges” is more relevant regarding social innovation. The Commission released “umbrella” calls for proposals under great headlines. Those great calls host different “topics”, which themselves are more specific calls for proposal.